Sunday, April 1, 2018

Now Playing: Tomb Raider Anniversary

 Moving sideways instead of onwards.
Lara is sporting more polygons than before, praise the gods.
 Well, I could've continued with Tomb Raider 2, but instead I'm skipping all the way into Crystal Design's second Tomb Raider game, the remake, since I feel I'll be able to better compare both games this way.

 I started the 'Lara's Home' mode, because that's always been the best mode, and was pleasantly surprised with how it was it's own fully fledged level, with puzzles and what not. I also played a bit of the first level.

 The game seems very good, although Lara seems a bit too loosey-goosey for my tastes. It's like playing Uncharted but with no traction. Lara's moveset is smaller, which is a good thing, as jump distances won't be so hard to judge.. I hope. Although the game seems rather fun, hopefully there'll be less animals to kill and more real threats.

No comments:

Post a Comment