Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Now Playing: Luna Silver Star Harmony

 Not too shabby.
 I confess, I love the Lunar franchise. I also confess, I never finished Lunar Silver Star. Lunar 2 is one of my favorite PS1 RPGs, but for some reason Lunar 1 never had the same pull Lunar 2 had. I got as far as the people in Meribia getting turned to stone, which means I never got to see Alex become a Dragon Master.

 Anyways, so far I like it. I like the new voice acting, the sprites are amazing, the animation is gorgeous. That said, they lack the charm the PS1 sprites had, but no biggie. The combat received a noticeable overhaul, the arenas are smaller, and the 'multiple attacks' don't seem to work very well, which kinda sucks. A new addition are 'limit break'-like attacks, which I think could be a neat addition, I haven't really used them a whole lot, but I hope Alex gets a new one once he becomes a Dragon Master, as right now his Limit Break looks like Hiro's Sylvan Sword-thing! There's also a new prologue that adds nothing to the game, but spoils future plot twists, it wasn't needed, and the dialogue in these scenes was pretty cheesy, I might've cringed a bit.

 Regardless, it seems to be a pretty faithful port as far as the story and overall 'feel' of the game, the dialogue lacks some of Working Design's charm, but it seems to be in lieu of what they used to write. Speaking of charm, the opening song is sung by the same gal that did the PS1's song, but it has new lyrics! I... I prefer the old one, but it might be nostalgia speaking, as every word is pretty much engraved on my mind

No comments:

Post a Comment