Monday, January 19, 2015

Archile's Grab Bag: Mega Package

 YEEEEEEEEEES New first package of the year.
 Evolution Worlds: FINALLY. Back in the day, I used to buy whichever gaming mags I could get my hands on, and during the PS2 era, ads for Evolution 1 and 2 would often pop up in Xpert Gamer and EGM, and I was always intrigued. But then again, I didn't have a Dreamcast, and I still don't(Which I hate! The Dreamcast seems like a console made FOR me.). Regardless, thanks to the Gamecube remake, I can finally try them out!.... Kinda, it seems it's not a very good port, Evolution 1 has been condensed into a cut scenes, and levels, bosses and items were cut. Oh well, at least I can try it out!
  Megaman X8: Only played a bit of it on the PC, it seemed alright.
 Megaman X7: I remember liking this one a whole lot when it was released, but it received mostly negative reviews. True, younger me probably couldn't tell a bad game from a good one, but I could tell that Megaman X5 wasn't nearly as good as X4, so...
 Megaman Network Transmission: Megaman Battle Network/Rockman.Exe is a series I always wanted to get into. I played the first game on the GBA a whole lot, but never dabbled in the multiple sequels. If only Capcom would release some kind of Battle Network collection on the 3DS.... regardless, I've been curious about this one for a while, as it seems it mixes Classic Megaman with the Battle Network mythos.
 Megaman X Command Mission: The only Megaman X game that I never even touched, yet, I've been mighty curious about it! Megaman. in an RPG? Do. Want.

 Megaman is a franchise I'm deeply enamored with. The first game I played was Rockman 3 on the Nes...knock off we used to own. I remember being the only one in the house that could beat it, and that I did over and over again. I loved Rockman 3. I skipped the SNES/Genesis generation, which means that X1 to X3 were lost to me, but come the N64/PS1 era, I stumbled upon Megaman X4 on PC(I was a Nintendo kid!) and boy, was it incredible. I loved this new 'Zero' character and his sword, I would eventually beat Megaman X4 with all four characters(X, Nova X, Zero, Black Zero), it was quite probably one of my favorite games at the time. Graphics were amazing, music was hypnotic and the gameplay was top notch. It helps that I was too young to notice just how bad the Voice Acting was! With the advent of the PS2, I was finally able to play Megaman 8, X5 and X6. I think I hate X5, but I remember spending a lot of time with it, collecting every single armor piece, fun times! as for X6, I can't remember much. It was at this time, more or less, that I was also able to try the old Megaman games and catch up. Needless to say, I love Megaman, and I've been itching to play all of them in order...

 Now then, I'm not the best when it comes to foreshadowing, but come Tuesday or Wednesday, Megaman Anthology might arrive to my doorstep. And I might do something once it gets here...

 Sidescrolling Megaman marathon confirmed.



No comments:

Post a Comment