Sunday, January 25, 2015

Now Playing: Bit.Trip Complete & All Kamen Rider Generations 2

 It's... it's different.
 Let it not be said that I abandoned the Wii! After cementing what I already knew with Patapon, that I've no rhythm nor can I keep a beat, here I am playing a Rhythm game! I hate myself. It's hard to say how I feel about it, I just beat 'Beat', after countless retries. There's something hypnotic about it, once you get in the 'zone' and your arms begin reacting by themselves. I like it. What I could've done without were the motion controls, but oh well.

 I liked All Kamen Rider Generations 1, it was simple to a fault, and while every Kamen Rider was basically the same, there were loads of characters. Now there are even more, and I can already see new animations in Kamen Rider Knight. Oh! And the older characters? Everyone got at least one new move, which is kinda neat, but the characters work more or less the same. BUT WHO CARES, THERE'S MORE RIDERS! I played the last one on the DS, but I jumped ship on this one, the good? Sprites and backgrounds look much sharper, and I haven't come across any slowdown whatsoever. What's not so good? Load times. Characters with menu-based forms, like OOO and W, bring up loading screens during gameplay. Heck, even engaging in Super Moves brings up a loading screen. And while the music sounds pretty good, the voice samples sound terrible.
Sadly, as much as I'm loving the new characters(KAMEN RIDER KNIGHT! SHADOW MOON(Eventually), IXA!!!!!), and the new moves(KIVA'S THREE KICK COMBO IS BADASS), it feels just like the first one, heck, the stages feel the same. In a way, it feels more like an expansion than a sequel, but then again, I only finished the first World.

No comments:

Post a Comment