Friday, January 23, 2015

Now Playing: Evolution Worlds

 Engaging man mode.... No interim-save run!
 So, yeah, I remember watching ads for these games on Xpert Gamer and EGM, and longing to play them... now's the time!

 Firstly, turns out it requires 4-8 blocks on the mem card to save your game... which kinda sucks, since I only had 4, which means no Interim Saves, and on the longer dungeons... it's gonna suck. That aside, I'm liking it. The graphic style reminds me a lot of Okage, which is always a plus, and everything is so goddarn cute. The gameplay is fairly interesting, it's a mixture of Rogue-like with RPG, which works surprisingly well.

 One thing I'm not fond of however, is that in order to get both games into this version... Evolution 1 got compressed into three dungeons, which translates into over 20 minute long cutscenes, which can drag. The plot is predictable, the voice acting is overdone(But it kinda works for this cutesy game), but I think the gameplay more than makes up for that.

 If you'll excuse me, I've a military base to raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment