Sunday, November 2, 2014

Now Playing: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Battle Nexus

 Oh boy...
 I've a test tomorrow, so, y'know, time to start another game. Yay? 'sides, I'm done with TMNT 1,

 Here's the deal, back when I was younger, I used to adore this game. Scratch that, LOVE with capital letters. I got every single antique, finished every tournament, a hundred percent'd this game and then some. Present day, I just come off TMNT 1, and while it was good, it was also flawed, but overall fun. Now I pop in this disc, expecting more of the same, but better and.... Oh boy. The graphics have been touched up, they lost some of the cartoony flavor, but that's a matter of taste. You can now switch between all four turtles, which is really nice. And that's where the improvements stop. The frame rate has dropped into the 30s(The first game ran at 60 fps and played very smoothly). For some reason they decided to scrap the first game's combat system, which worked well for the type of game that it was, and now you have this odd double X combo or double X plus square combo that has a very weird timing. X and then square does nothing, and Donatello feels very... peculiar.

 My rose tinted glasses are shattering, maybe this is a sign that I should study more and take less breaks. Godammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment