Monday, November 17, 2014

Now Playing: One Piece - Grand Adventure

 WHY DIDN'T I LEARN OF THIS GAME BEFORE?!
 I think I've written about this game before, yadda yadda I discovered One Piece through Rumble Arena 3, fell in love with the game, yadda yadda, learned of Grand Battle but discovered it lacked Eneru, my favorite villain in One Piece, so I decided to skip it, yadda yadda heard about Grand Adventure and promptly bought it.

 What can I say? The game is awesome, it's incredibly fun, even without Eneru it would've been a worthy purchase. There's only two big things I can complain about, firstly, the game only has the dub voices, which are terrible. I'm not one of those "JAPANESE IS THE TRUE WAY OF LIFE" people, but this dub is really atrocious. And the second one is that the game seems to be a tad too ambitious, some of the larger, more intricate stages tend to make the game suffer from slow down, and it can get really annoying. Heck, the racing mini-game is full of slowdown, making it fairly unfun.

 Regardless, gameplay's where it's at, and boy is it good! The controls seem a bit overwhelming at first, but it's pretty easy to grasp them. Moving around the arenas feels very good, and when the game is running smoothly, it's very enjoyable. Graphics are deserving of a special mention, they use a "slightly" deformed look, which isn't bad, and the character models are fairly detailed and look pretty good in motion, the way clothes move, like Luffy's jacket, looks very nice.

 Basically, One Piece Grand Adventure is all kinds of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment