Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Now Playing: Rampage 2 - Universal Tour

 Backstory time!
 I used to play Rampage World Tour on the N64, and I... kinda liked it, I think? I don't remember much, but I do remember playing it quite a bit. Back in the day I'd purchase the occasional Gamepro/Xpert Gamer/Electronic Gaming Monthly to put my English to the test and read about videogames, and the ad for Rampage 2 was one I came around fairly often. I don't remember just how interested I was in it, but y'know, I've been wanting to add some variety to my PSOne library, why not get one of the Rampage games? IT has a 2 on the title, so it should be better. It should.

 Except that it's the same game but with less features. You can't ride Airplanes, you can't ride tanks, you can't transform into Vern, there are no landmarks with bonus points, you can no longer pick your next destination by smashing the billboards... The new monsters are nice 'n all, but every monster plays basically the same, it's not a good trade off! So... yeah, I'm unimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment