Thursday, September 19, 2013

First Archimpressions: Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

 So, I asked myself "Yo, what haven't I played in a while?". Street Fighter was the answer.
 So, the first thing that shocked me? Even the cut-scenes are in. When I first booted up this game, I expected the cutscenes to be left out. They were not. The character models look, as expected, downgraded, but they still look very impressive. The stages did take a massive hit though, no animations and many 2D objects that used to be 3D.
 And while that sounds awesome, it does have a few setbacks, namely, the console itself. The 3DS isn't friendly with fighting games, and when they use as many buttons as Street Fighter, you are screwed. It's still playable, but don't expect to pull off the same combos as you could on the console. The other big issue is that it's slow. If you've played the console version you'd know what I mean, the character intros feel on slow motion and the fighting feels a bit slower too. It's not too bad, but if you are used to it's console counterpart, it might be offputting at first.
 And that's it! Off I go to study some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment