Thursday, September 26, 2013

First Archimpressions: Genji: Days of the Blade

 It's surprisingly mediocre.
 Y'see, Genji for the PS2 was a bit of a surprise. It wasn't a popular game, probably due to it's late release, but it was really good. As in REALLY good, albeit a bit on the short side. If I had gone to Genji on the PS3, without playing it's demo or reading reviews, I would've been shocked at how average it is. The combat, that was so satisfying in Genji 1, now feels floaty and very very slow. Movement all around feels like it could use some oomph behind. And the camera is atrocious. You can't move it, and it chooses the worst possible angles. A lot of times you'll find yourself walking TOWARDS the camera, only having the minimap as aide, and even if you know an enemy is up ahead, you don't know what he is up to.
 Ah well, I just finished the first mission, and I'm a bit underwhelmed. A bit, since I knew what I was getting into....

No comments:

Post a Comment