Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Archimpressions: Forever Kingdom

 Oh golly, where to start?
  Since it's first impressions, I guess how it looks? It looks... alright? Character models feel very dated, and are choppily animated. Oh, and the CG cutscenes? Playstation 1 worthy, with awkward faces and movements, and really stiff animations. On the flip side, the world itself is very colorful and actually makes you want to explore it. And the voice acting is laughably bad.
 Gameplay is... eh. The game is very unforgiving, there are traps that outright kill you if you trigger them. Oh, and you don't want to die, you can only save in certain spots, and death means restarting from your last save. There are also puzzles, and they are Castlevania 2 obtuse. "He who wields the Spear of light can open this". Certainly it means that I have to find said weapon, right? Nope. You have to equip your starting weapon on Ruy and interact with the door. The starting weapon being a Sword that has NOTHING to do with light. Or with a spear. I spent 30 minutes going round and round, searching, until I decided to consult a FAQ. I had sold that weapon, so I had to go back and rebuy it. What. The. ****?
 Basically? I'm not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment