Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Action Figure #393: Mafex Huntress

  Time to go hunting.

 I was close to getting DCUC's Huntress figure... Thank god I didn't, 'cause Mafex's just a little bit more expensive, but it's leagues above it in terms of, well, everything else.
 Look at how great she looks. Mafex certainly didn't miss with this figure, as both the sculpt and the painting are great, she looks as if she was ripped straight out of Batman Hush. She also comes with a bunch of accessories, like five pair of hands, a stand with multiple pieces and an alternate head. The only thing missing from her is her iconic crossbow, but it seems DC was avoiding guns and the such with their figures at the time. Still, it kinda sucks.
 As with import figures, this is a female figure with actually great articulation. She has butterfly joints, double jointed knees and elbows, toe-articulation, bicep swivels, thigh swivels and both ab crunch and waist are connected with ball joints, so you can get her into all sorts of poses. Oh! And she has a wired, soft-cloth cape! Her neutral headsculpt is a bit hard to pose around since the hair limits how much you can turn it, but the alternate, angry, headsculpt has flowing hair that allows for more movement. For as great as the figure is she does have one BIG issue: Her hands keep falling off. I looked up reviews and, yes, this is an issue with every figure. Hot water did help with one of the hands, making it ever so slightly tighter, but the other one is still as loose, I will try to use super glue to make the peg thicker. She's slightly shorter than Bucky Cap.
 Hand issues aside... I think she is a fantastic figure. The issue with the hands does suck big time, because that's the only problem I have with the figure, but I think it's a pretty major one. Once I get the hands to stick better on her pegs, I'm sure I'm gonna love this figure even more than I do now.
8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment