Friday, July 5, 2024

Action Figure #390: Marvel Legends Cloak

  It's Winter over here, can I borrow a cloak?

 It's about time I added Cloak to my collection! I've been putting it off because I needed other characters first, and I wanted to get him with the BAF, but I figured I could get the BAF piece by itself later on.
 Well, he looks great, I'll tell you that. He's uses the Grim Reaper mold, so he is rather beefy, as he should, his arms and legs are sculpted on a more translucent black that adds to his otherworldliness, and his cape is also a bit translucent, so he looks pretty cool. I love how his cloak, the most important element, came out. He is a great looking figure...
 ...that can barely move. If there's ever been a case for cloth goods, this is it. There's not much you can do with Cloak without his, erm, cloak, coming undone, so hopefully you like just having him stand there, heroically. I mean, he tends to be mostly a support character, teleporting heroes and villains from place to place, but, c'mon, I want to have him be able to punch Silvermane! That said, you could probably undo the button at his collar, and have the cloak over his arms if you want to have him on a more dynamic pose.
 Also, you can pop out his head from the body, and carefully place the head over the cloak and have other characters come out from under him, which looks so cool! There should've been some way to connect the head to cloak, as this is how he tends to be depicted in the comic books, but hey, you can do it!
 Well... He gets the job done, but... I'll be there day one if they ever choose to re-release this figure with soft goods.
6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment