Friday, June 1, 2018

Month Overview: April 2018

Tally:
Pirates - Legend of the Black Buccaneer 7.5
Tomb Raider II 7.0
Spyro the Dragon 9.0
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam(Nintendo DS) 5.5
Spyro 2 - Ripto's Rage 9.0
Spyro - Year of the Dragon 8.0
Spyro - Enter the Dragonfly 4.0
Spyro - A Hero's Tail 8.0


 Finally, despite having had Sony console for quite a while, I gave Spyro a chance. And I regret not having done so earlier, as Spyro proved itself a fantastic franchise. I finally finished Tomb Raider II, felt like an eternity, and I'm not quite sure of when I'll be able to tackle III, since II was so taxing and III only gets harder.


Runner-up:
 Spyro 1 is SO good, it's kinda surprising how Insomniac managed to land such a great game on their first attempt. Something I appreciated about Spyro 1 over its many, many sequels is its simplicity, there are no mini-games, not silly npcs to interact with, just clear-cut goals and stuff to find.

Game of April:
 ....but as much as I appreciated Spyro 1's simplicity, I also appreciated how much Spyro 2 did to polish the formula. Everything was a 'small goal', and every collectible felt like an event. And despite diversifying on the gameplay, adding mini-games and the such, it doesn't feel as bloated as Spyro 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment