Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Archile's Grab-bag: Marching March Edition

 More packages got bundled together, which means... ANOTHER ENTRY IN THE GRAB BAG SERIES! These are always fun since I get to talk about games before even trying them out!

 Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel: I played this game a little bit when I was younger, and I think I liked it. I think. The game got the reputation of being a bit of a grind, so I'm a bit wary about it.
 Kya - Dark Lineage: I knew very little about the game, but something about it just appealed to me. It seems like an interesting and overlooked game/
 Nightmare Creatures II: I was gonna wait until Halloween, but I said screw it and just popped it into my PS2. The graphics are amazing, it doesn't look like a Ps1 game. It also seems jankier than its predecessor, but I remain carefully optimistic, the first Nightmare Creatures had promise, so maybe...
 Prince of Persia - The Fallen King: Geeze, the predecessor to the passable Forgotten Sands on the DS? And it looks even more childish. Can't say I'm looking forwards to this one.
 Art of Fighting Anthology: I wasn't planning on getting this game since they are easily emulated and I've never been the biggest fan of Art of Fighting, but the completionist bug in me bit me and... here we are.
 Tenchu - Stealth Assassins: The only Tenchu game I've ever played was Tenchu III, which was pretty good, and also Shinobido 2, featured on this blog, which I liked a lot. I've been meaning to give the entire series a whirl, starting with numero 1.
 Fatal Fury Battle Archive Volume 1: Same deal as with the Art of Fighting Anthology.
 Fatal Fury Battle Archive Volume 2: This one hurts me. While I'm not too big on Fatal Fury, I've a soft spot for Real Bout 2 Fatal Fury, featured on this disc, and I've always love the one-game wonder Rick Strout, introduced in said game. That said, the only reason I never bothered with this disc was the fact that Garou - Mark of the Wolves, one of my favorite fighting games ever, was missing. Seems I'll be having to import that one if I want to own a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment