Monday, March 19, 2018

Archile's Grab-bag> Final Package o' 2018 Edition

 Another box meant another opening.
  Maybe one of them wasn't a box.
 Gotta grab ye trusty ole knife...
 Rime: Um... I don't know much about it, and I was kinda convinced into purchasing it, so... yeah...
 Mortal Kombat XL: Of course I had to try Mortal Kombat XL at some point, since I've followed the series ever since I can remember.
 Gundam Versus: It's not Maxi Boost, it's got even less mobile suits than Maxi Boost... but it'll have to do for the time being.
 Infamous Second Son: While I wasn't the biggest fan of Infamous 1, Infamous 2 quickly became one of my favorite games on the PS3. Hopefully Second Son is just as good.
 Samurai Shodown Anthology: I do own this game on the Wii, but fighting games are a better fit on the PS2. For whatever reason the game has jumped in price, but Amazon's got it on the cheap.
 Battle Chasers Nightwar: Joe Madureira is one of my favorite artists out there, and hopefully this game does justice to his art.
 King of Fighters XIV: I love King of Fighters, and this one has been on my radar for a long, looooooong while. It's a bit sad that they did away with their phenomenal 2-D sprites, but it's understandable, since this way they can churn out even more characters.
 Doom: Classic FPS are dope, and Doom should be no exception. What I know of Doom is that it's one of those games that refuse to sport a subtitle and thus became one of those annoying games that are named exactly the same as another game of the same franchise and the fact that melee-kills look repetitive. Not a good first impression.
 Rise of the Tomb Raider: I adored the PS3 reboot and was bummed out that the sequel, while having being released on the X360, wouldn't make it to the PS3. But it matters no longer!
 The Evil Within 2: The Evil Within is one of my favorite videogames ever, and might just be my favorite survival horror game ever. I know little to nothing about the sequel, so this October I might be in for a treat.
 Life is Strange: Few games are as overhyped as this one, so naturally I fell victim to the hype and here I am.
 The Order 1886: I've loved this game ever since it was revealed to the public and was utterly disappointed when reviews came out. I will give it a chance, though, since I want to believe that I can enjoy this game. And if its length is its major weak point... that might not be too bad.
 Tekken 7: While Lucky Chloe is the worst thing to happen to this series, after Tekken Revolution and their new focus on fanservice which extends to the horrible designs of characters like Josie Rizal, I'm a huge Tekken nut and couldn't miss out on the latest installment. Tekken 7 seems like a major shift, which left the fanbase a bit divided... So I'm a bit hopeful about it, considering I enjoyed Tekken 4 so much because of how much it changed.
 Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Road to Boruto: I wasn't missing out on the final Ninja Storm game, oh no. I'm a bit disappointed that the series ended here, we were still missing a handful of characters, like some of the Mist Swordsmen or characters from the movies, but oh well!
 The King of Fighters Collection - The Orochi Saga: As much as I like King of Fighters... I wasn't much of a fan of anything pre-99, and thus, pre K'. In my opinion these first few games just can't hold a candle to what comes after it.
 Resident Evil VII Biohazard Gold Edition: No, this is not a return to their roots because Resident Evil was always an action game first and a horror game second. That said, I've grown more accepting of the first person view and am ready to give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment