Saturday, August 5, 2017

Now Playing: X-Men Legends II - Rise of Apocalypse

 Much better.
 Now this, THIS is what I'm talkin' about! Thanks to the addition of Villains, the character roster has seen some much needed variety, and there're also three bonus characters, one of them being an Avenger cameo. Since I've beaten the game already, I just used the unlock all cheat and had the party I wanted from the get-go. That said, it's a bit sad seeing some characters go, specially since this game could've used more females and Magma was particularly fun to play as.

 About 80% of the game remains the same, except that now it's even more of a Diablo clone, with 5 different acts, savepoints that let you teleport to previously accessed locations and loot with different stats. Characters have more than four abilities, and the specific-character-obstacle-'puzzles' seem, SEEM to be optional now, which is a HUGE plus.

 Bottom line: I've played about an hour already and I'm pretty sure it's a better game. They knew what worked and what didn't, and seem to have souped up what worked and tweaked what didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment