Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Now Playing: Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai - Another Road

 Pretty dang good.
 I like Dragon Ball Z, even though I don't love it as many other anime fans, but I like it. I actually started with the original Dragon Ball anime, back when I was a kid, and I remember adoring it(Surprisingly, I now dislike it, the manga is alright though). When it came to the "Z"(Or post-time skip) saga, I actually came across it through videogames and not anime, which probably explains why I'm always so drawn towards the games and not the show.

 Among the games, my top two are definitely Legends(PS1) and Super Dragon Ball Z, with the Budokai series close behind. Shin Budokai is the evolution of the Budokai series, and it feels, much, much better. I'll leave the specifics for the Review, but I love the new engine and mechanics. The game is also incredibly smooth and fast-paced, and it plays like a dream. The game also looks fantastic, and the animation is top-notch.

 Buuuuuuut, Story Mode is a drag. It involves cities that restore your HP, and Senzu Beans that enemies carry as well, which means you have to fight them multiple times, and obscure ways to unlock alternate paths(Usually having to fail the objectives).... I don't like it. Also, you are forced to play as Mirai Trunks. I love Trunks, but I'd much rather play as Adult Gohan. Speaking of characters, I love how Vegeto and Gogeta have their own slots. I always loved Vegeto's design(And back when I knew DBZ through the games, I didn't know that he was a fusion), so having to perform a fusion, in the Budokai series, to play as him was always annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment