Thursday, April 10, 2014

Now Playing: Castlevania - The Dracula X Chronicles

 Classicvania, yeah!
 My first Castlevania game was Castlevania 64. While everyone hates it, or finds it acceptable at most, I liked it a lot(I was young). I think the second one I played was Symphony of the Night, I was very hyped for that one, as on the months leading up to the PS2 release, I was already thinking of all the awesome PS1 games I'd get to play, and Castlevania: SotN was one my most wanted ones. The game didn't disappoint, I fell in love with the metroidvania/castleroid genre. I did discover classicvania via Castlevania Chronicles, pink-haired Simon rules, and I loved that one as well. Throughout the years I've done my best to play every Castlevania I could, but one had always escaped me: Rondo of Blood. This changes now. Or whenever I unlock it.

 I'm up to Stage 3', and I know I will just have to use some kind of FAQ to keep up with all the secret routes and alternate stages and what not, but for now, I'm just limiting myself to the two unlockables, Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. But as for the remake itself... It's a blast. It's quite challenging(I might've gotten a game over on Stage 2, really), but the controls are very responsive. The game also looks fantastic, Ayami Kojima's style was translated pretty faithfully into 3D, and after going through Killzone, the brownest game on earth, this is pretty awesome.

 The best thing about this game? Not only is the main game pretty solid(So far), but you can unlock the classic Rondo of Blood version AND Symphony of the Night, how awesome is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment