Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Of Xenosaga 3 and stuf....

 I tried. I really did, I wanted to like it... but my god, it sucks. As I was playing, one of the first things I saw today was a Fei Fong Wong look alike, aptly named Abel, my first thoughts? "Oh yeah, more Xenogears references, I LOVE IT".... But then it went to hell.
 Shion "talks" to KOS-MOS and tells her... "You still do your best. What would you say if you saw me now?" She´d say nothing. She has no personality. This line makes no sense. At all, KOS-MOS DOESN´T CARE ABOUT YOU, Jesus. 2 Games later and you have the same one track mind focused on friggin´ KOS-MOS. Someone should count the amount of times Shion says "KOS-MOS" per game. Seriously.
 She also says "I feel as if everyone left me behind". You kidding me? YOU ARE THE ONE THAT LEFT EVERYONE. YOU, YOU left them behind, dammit. And when Vector gets told that they must dispose of KOS-MOS? "Oh no, why would they do this? Ok." no effort to fight the authorities, no nothing, and we are talking about the robot that has twice aided them in stoping big threats. The same robot that Shion treats like a lover, granted, Shino wasn´t there, but Allen was, and Allen has tagged alongside the group since part 1.
 Another issue, everyone keeps talking about "That man", or "That which is important to him" or about "She will bla bla", seriously? Still shrouding the object of your conversations in mystery? This is the last game, cut it out, it´s annoying, there´s so many mystery people that you can´t keep track of who refered to what and/or why.
 I´ve played for 3 hours now, and the last 2 hours barely had any gameplay at all, just walk from place to place and read tons of dialogue or watch cut-scenes. I don´t really mind, I like RPGs, but when the story and the conversations are so bad, it begins to drag.
 Truth be told, I´m beginning to get scared. These people made Xenogears, and there´s plenty of look alikes. Abel? He looks like Fei, and Fei was one of the many reincarnations of Abel. Nephilim? She looks like Elly. Elly and Fei have loved each other through each incarnation, and what does Abel draw? Nephilim´s face. Or Jin UZUKI who looks just like Citan Uzuki and even fights with a Katana! Even the Zophar itself appears, and the story uses elements of reincarnation, corrupted religion and other, more philosophical themes, just like Xenogears.... So... what if Xenogears´ story is just as bad? Maybe I just liked it ´cause I was a kid, and didn´t completely get the story. Oh god, maybe one of my favorite games ever is... Oh no.

No comments:

Post a Comment