Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"First" Archimpressions: Xenogears

 So far, it´s as good, if not better, than I remembered it.
 I just got captured by Aveh, and I´ve got to say... Holy smokes, this game was so awesome. I got a bit scared when Fei and Elly started arguing, since some of the dialogue was... ehh, but...it was not THAT bad. Not Xenosaga bad. Speaking of dialogue, holy smokes, the NPCs have a lot of flavor to their sentences, for example,  little kids have "cutish" speak patterns. It´s really interesting.
 And gameplay? Oh. My. God. It´s not as... free as, say Legend of Legaia, but it´s not worse, it simply is different. The animations are so fluid, and how they go from move to move... I miss sprite art of this quality. And the 3D graphics? The mechs look amazing, hard to believe it´s a PS1 game! It also has anime cutscenes, and they remind me of 80´s and early 90´s anime, they use light colors, characters have loooooong frames, there´s cryptic sounds.... and they are of the highest quality, so many frames.... it looks better than most anime now a days!(These scenes are kinda short, but all together, they amount to 20 min of anime).
 The best part? I´ve no real complaints or gripes. If I were to nitpick, I´d say that sometimes conversations get a bit too long. Even NPCs have a lot to say. But, it´s an RPG, I don´t mind.
 I LOVE THIS GAME.


No comments:

Post a Comment