Is this a plastical joke?
And now I've finally got a proper Joker of all things! At first, I was happy owning the modern(at the time) black suit Joker, but eventually I realized I needed a more classic figure. But Mattel's Multiverse and UC figures just didn't do it for me... I don't know, I never much cared for the more square-headed Joker of the 90's... but third time's the charm with their Premier line!This Joker is absolutely delightful. The entire body uses a new sculpt, and it is a very classic purple suit/yellow vest ensemble he is usually drawn in, but, what I like the most, is that the head-sculpt is very modern, with slicked back hair and a truly evil smile. This is the kind of Joker I've been waiting to own.
The accessories are... well, it seems Mattel is not done throwing everything at the wall, looking at what sticks. He has... green land-mines, for some reason, a weird Clown mini Ax, which is hollow on one side... but, he also comes with a giant rifle that ends on an articulated denture, which, arguably, is something he would wield, and it comes with four proyectiles you can shoot, and this gun can be equipped on the Batmobile as well. Keep in mind the gun is rather... heavy, so it makes balancing him a bit harder. You could use the round peg, meant for the Batmobile, as a secondary grip for it.
And he also comes with Jokerized faces for the standard Batman, Robin and Flash figures! These snap onto the heads of said characters, and they are pretty cool accessories!
He has the same articulation as the rest of the line: Single jointed elbows, double jointed knees, swivels on his waist and thighs. No ab crunch, but it's alright.
Here he is compared to the InJustice Joker I was using as a stand-in for the kind of Joker I wanted in my collection. It's night and day, this one looks so vibrant, the headsculpt is so nightmarishly devious in comparison to the flat smile the other one had, and the articulation is better in every single way. He is slightly taller than Bucky Cap.
Much like John Stewart, this figure is absolutely brilliant. Of course, being part of the kid's line, the articulation isn't exceptional which is what holds back the figure, but while he has a lot of filler accessories, the gun works well for Joker, and the Jokerized masks are perfect. And, yeah, this is how I wanted the Joker in my collection to look like.
And he also comes with Jokerized faces for the standard Batman, Robin and Flash figures! These snap onto the heads of said characters, and they are pretty cool accessories!
He has the same articulation as the rest of the line: Single jointed elbows, double jointed knees, swivels on his waist and thighs. No ab crunch, but it's alright.
Here he is compared to the InJustice Joker I was using as a stand-in for the kind of Joker I wanted in my collection. It's night and day, this one looks so vibrant, the headsculpt is so nightmarishly devious in comparison to the flat smile the other one had, and the articulation is better in every single way. He is slightly taller than Bucky Cap.
Much like John Stewart, this figure is absolutely brilliant. Of course, being part of the kid's line, the articulation isn't exceptional which is what holds back the figure, but while he has a lot of filler accessories, the gun works well for Joker, and the Jokerized masks are perfect. And, yeah, this is how I wanted the Joker in my collection to look like.
8.0






No comments:
Post a Comment