Friday, August 14, 2026

Action Figure #876: Marvel Legends Nova (Groot BAF Wave)

 And now, my Nova corps are made up of Richard and Richard.

 When it came to picking up a Nova for my collection I picked the Classic Richard Rider that had come out not so long ago. Mainly because he had a lot of gold, whereas this Nova, as Nova Prime, was mostly clad in blue. Big Mistake! This is the look I was introduced to the character, when he ripped Annihilus's guts right out of his throat, plus, it's his Marvel VS Capcom 3 look! This is how I like Nova, this is the figure I should've bought.
 So, Nova Prime... I really like this look for thee character, an it looks particularly nice with the metallic deep blue and ochre yellow color scheme they cast and painted him in. While it's definitely not gold, the contrast with the blue makes all the yellow pop. While he is clearly based on the Bucky mold, a lot of unique sculpting went into him, which is just lovely.

 He comes with no accessories at all, which is a bit disappointing.
 Articulation covers all the basics with double jointed elbows and knees, swivels on his waist, thighs and biceps as well a hinged ab crunch with not a whole lot of range, but it is there. Butterfly joints would've been nice, but what is here is good enough.
 The shoulder pads lie on these tendrils of sorts that can be lifted to allow for more arm movement. I haven't seen the ML team use this before, and while it's a decent compromise, they've done more elegant solutions for the shoulder pads.
 Compared to the Classic Nova... he does look a bit smaller, eh! Even the head is much smaller. As such, he is shorter than Bucky Cap.
 This Nova is a fine figure. Nice sculpt, very eye catching color scheme, a pretty decent range of articulation... If anything, he is missing some energy affects and maybe proportions that fit better with Bucky Cap, but other than that? He is just the Nova I didn't know I wanted.
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment