Moving on to greener pastures.
With a new show coming out, it's no surprise that Green Lantern (John Stewart) was released so early. Not that I mind, probably the only Lantern that is as popular as Hal, and depending on when you were born, the one you like the most.As far as I can tell, John has a different buck from Batman, Flash and Robin, so props there! It is a simple figure, however, as the details are all paint apps and not sculpt work. The metallic green and deep black look really good on this guy, the face sculpt is fantastic too. It's a really good John Stewart representation.
The accessories I'm a bit miffed about. He comes with a rifle of sorts, a gauntlet, chest armor... and a piece that can be slotted on either the fist or the rifle that I'm not sure what it's meant to be. A turbine? I don't know! Regardless, while the accessories are nice, I don't like that the armor and fist have to be taken a part in order to be equipped. I would've liked them to be single pieces that just went over the arm or over the head.
Articulation is same old, same old. Single jointed elbows with an over 90 degree bend, double jointed knees and swivels on his waist, thighs and boots. It's a competent choice that allows him to be played with just fine.
As for the comparison with the DCUC figure? Well, I loved the old DCUC John, the matte black, but metallic green arm bands was just oozing with style, and the head-sculpt was among the best ones in the line. But... yeah, this one looks much nicer. The new proportions make him look much more powerful, the articulation is better and the paint is better, even if I do miss the matte finish. A cool little detail: The new one has green irises! Just like he did on the Animated Show!
The old figure does have something the new one doesn't: The ring was properly sculpted. The new one just gets a flat, green circle, while the old one had a tiny Green Lantern Corps logo sculpted on his hand. He is a bit taller than Bucky Cap.
Probably one of the better releases so far. The sculpt? Fantastic. The paint and color choices? All just perfect. The accessories? While not my first choice for how they work, they all fit him perfectly. A nice rifle, armor, a giant green fist... it's all just perfect. So... Yeah, best Premier figure so far.
8.0







No comments:
Post a Comment