Saturday, August 15, 2026

Action Figure #883: Star Wars The Black Series Jacen Solo

 Ben Solo from another Universe.

 The best part about getting Jacen Solo is that this opens up the gates for non-gaming Expanded  Universe figures. But I'm getting ahead of myself, aren't I?
 So... While the Black Series team is usually eager to sculpt new stuff, when it comes to their Gaming line they usually cut costs... And this is no exception. Jacen Solo is a straight up Bespin Luke reuse. And, to be fair, these clothes are usually how Jacen is depicted, but they could've made a new sculpt to make him taller than tiny Luke, or gone with his Darth Cadeus look. But, look, it's Jacen, it's the Expanded Universe. I'm not gonna look at the gift horse's mouth. And, for what it's worth, the head sculpt is spectacular, this looks like a young Han Solo., down to the cocky smirk.

 His only accessory is his green lightsaber.
Articulation is what you'd expect. Single jointed elbows and knees with decent bends, a ball jointed waist and butterfly joints hidden beneath the soft plastic chest overlay. He is a fun figure to pose around. Being a Luke headswap means he is about a head shorter than Bucky Cap.
 Lazy? Absolutely. But he is a great representation of Jacen Solo, and I'm happy to own him.
8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment