Everything's magik!
I discovered Magik for the first time while reading the Rogue Cyclops comics and I instantly fell in love with her. The sass! The quirkiness! Her relationship with Cyke! I didn't know who she was, but boy, I was in love. And while her original figure got the job done, I've been waiting for an updated Magik for a long while, and while this isn't quite what I wanted... it is a step in the right direction.As far as the sculpt goes, well, the body is a simple teen female buck using the New Mutants uniform. There's not much else to say there, really, but what makes Magik stand out is her armored arm which looks phenomenal, as the shine and shade of grey they picked makes it look like iron. The head sculpt is very pretty too, must be one of the best looking faces the ML team has ever done. The one thing... Magik really isn't this short nowadays, but considering this is her original look... I guess it's fine.
She comes with two fists, a gloved gripping hand, an iron open hand, a sword, a swirly effect for the sword and the dumb lenticular shield.
Articulation is pretty good considering they are using the retooled female teen buck. She has double jointed elbows and knees, with swivels on her thighs, boots and biceps. Her ab crunch is on a ball joint. The hair is somewhat restrictive on the articulation, since the hair will effectively push the arm towards her body, but its workeable.
Here she is compared to the design I like better. The articulation is much better in every single way, and she has much better proportions, just look at how big her older head was! And that sucks, because I like her modern design so much better! Hopefully we get that look remade in a taller buck. She is about a head shorter than Bucky Cap.
This Magik figure is phenomenal. Not my favorite look, but, c'mon, it's better than the other figure in every other way. And considering how gummy current Marvel Legends are, this one feels pretty good.
Articulation is pretty good considering they are using the retooled female teen buck. She has double jointed elbows and knees, with swivels on her thighs, boots and biceps. Her ab crunch is on a ball joint. The hair is somewhat restrictive on the articulation, since the hair will effectively push the arm towards her body, but its workeable.
Here she is compared to the design I like better. The articulation is much better in every single way, and she has much better proportions, just look at how big her older head was! And that sucks, because I like her modern design so much better! Hopefully we get that look remade in a taller buck. She is about a head shorter than Bucky Cap.
This Magik figure is phenomenal. Not my favorite look, but, c'mon, it's better than the other figure in every other way. And considering how gummy current Marvel Legends are, this one feels pretty good.
8.5





No comments:
Post a Comment