Barely a couple of months old AND already outdated.
Embo is one of Clone Wars tertiary characters that were long overdue, and he us finally here... and already outdated because a couple of months after he released an overpriced two pack with his wolf was announced. He doesn't even get his Clone Wars color scheme, it's a straight up re-packaging. What were they thinking?First things first, this is The Mandalorian & Grogu's Embo, which is why he is painted in such drab and lifeless colors instead of the vibrant oranges from the show. I much prefer that design, but at this point I'll take this one, because colors aside, he is very distinguishable as Embo. And, y'know, love was poured into sculpting this guy, he is filled with textures and tiny details all over.
He comes with a crossbow, two kama-looking weapons which might be his bow and his iconic flat hat that... really doesn't stay on very well, sadly.
The arms of the crossbow are articulated in two places, but the joints are tiny and feel very frail, so I wouldn't play with them too much.
For some reason they sculpted every finger individually. This is nothing important, nor does it add, or detract, from the figure in any way, but I found it quite curious.
The articulation is as good as it could possibly be. Elbows and knees are single jointed, with deep cuts that go slightly over 90 degrees, the waist is ball jointed, he gets tiny butterfly joints and the new ball-peg wrists. The only problem are the clothes he wears on his wait, as these heavily restrict how much he can move his legs up, down and to the sides. He is almost as tall as Bucky Cap.
Embo is a really good figure. I think they did the best they could considering the design, although they could've made the hat stay on better. It's a shame Hasbro decided to outdate this release so soon.
The arms of the crossbow are articulated in two places, but the joints are tiny and feel very frail, so I wouldn't play with them too much.
For some reason they sculpted every finger individually. This is nothing important, nor does it add, or detract, from the figure in any way, but I found it quite curious.
The articulation is as good as it could possibly be. Elbows and knees are single jointed, with deep cuts that go slightly over 90 degrees, the waist is ball jointed, he gets tiny butterfly joints and the new ball-peg wrists. The only problem are the clothes he wears on his wait, as these heavily restrict how much he can move his legs up, down and to the sides. He is almost as tall as Bucky Cap.
Embo is a really good figure. I think they did the best they could considering the design, although they could've made the hat stay on better. It's a shame Hasbro decided to outdate this release so soon.
7.5






No comments:
Post a Comment