Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Game #905: Gris

  Girl's feeling blue.

  As someone who really used to like the Knytt games, Gris was right up my alley. Not a Metroidvania, but a short, linear platform adventure with a captivating water-color art style joined with a simple minimalistic aesthetic makes for pure eye candy.

As with most indie games of its ilk, the game focuses on conveying emotions rather than a plot, with not a single text line spoken by anyone.

 While most puzzles were pretty simple, some had my noggin' joggin', but nothing I couldn't solve after a few attempts.

 The game lasts 2 hours, so it's very short and sweet. I can't say the game's themes of depression and sadness resonated with me, and I'm someone that loves sad stuff, but playing the game itself was good enough for me.

 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment