Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Now Playing: Galerians

 About time I played another obscure game, eh!
A leather choker, injecting psycho-drugs, heads exploding... this game is edgy alright.
 And now, in the spirit of Halloween, let's go with something more survival-ish, Galerians. It starts off brutal, I died twice after starting the game. First I went into Short-mode and died while searching for a Delmeter. Second attempt, I tried shooting my powers to no avail, shorted again BUT discovered that Delmeter was on my inventory from the get go, so I let myself die before starting again. Third attempt went swimmingly and now I'm 22 minutes into the game, on the second save spot.

 The game is original, I'll give it that, but boy oh boy, you've a limited inventory! And unless you're counting you won't know when you hit the limit! And Save points are so sparse, goddamn! And how about the fact that merely breathing increases your AP which makes you Short? And shooting your powers? You have to charge them and THEN press X, charge too little and you'll do negligible damage, charge too much and you lose the charge. It's tough, man!

 I used to play this in my youth, and I think I never got out of the hospital, my last memory of the game is when the Rabbits jump on the bottom floor and crowd Rion.

No comments:

Post a Comment