Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Now Playing: Evil Dead - A Fistful of Boomstick

 Evil Dead of Emergency.
A fistful o' shovel considering how good that weapon is.
 There were three Evil Dead games released, or at least three that really did matter, Hail to the King on PS1/Dreamcast and A Fistful of Boomstick and Regeneration on the PS2-era consoles. I was familiar with two of them, HttK which was an awful, awful survival horror game and AFoB which ran on the State of Emergency engine and thus played a bit similarly.

 I just finished the first... mission? World? Stage? Whatevs, it's pretty alright. I mean, it runs on the State of Emergency engine so there's only so much you can do. The game is a bit flat, so I hope we see stages with more verticality, although considering white men can't jump and Ash Williams seems to be no exception... I'm not too hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment