Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Now Playing: Evil Dead Regeneration

 Ash is back in business.
Sam the Deadite is voiced by Ted Raimi, the director Sam Raimi's brother....
 I just finished the first level and first boss, and dang, it's good. They managed to get the humor just right, I haven't checked if it was made by the same dev team, but kudos. As for the gameplay, it's a bit more focused and less chaotic, we've got combos, infinite ammo and a Hulk version of Ash! You've also got Sam, the Deadite sidekick, but I just found him so I haven't seen how his puzzles work yet.

 I'm diggin' the gameplay, I am, but... is there a point to having different combos? Why would I want to use a combo over another one? There's no juggling system, and the damage-stun doesn't seem to lend itself for fancy combo-making, so I dunno. As for the unlimited ammo, I don't know if I'm gonna like that. At first I thought 'Why would I use the gun over shotgun???', but the first boss proved that it was easier to gun him down with a fast-shooting pistol than the slow-as-molasses shotgun, so maybe the different guns will have different situations so as not to make any one gun obsolete. And it was kinda cool how chainsawing the boss while he had electricity coursing through him instantly killed me, I hope the rest of the bosses have details like that.

 Last thing I wanna mention is... oh boy, we've got a budget now! This game looks TOO good for a licensed game, even facial expressions are well animated. I dunno, judging from the first level, this game looks pretty friggin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment