Thursday, December 10, 2015

Now Playing: Bioshock

 Would you kindly?
 Better late than never, right? Right?... Maybe I should be studying for today's exam. I mean, I could, but then again, I'm as ready as I'll ever get, so...

 Bioshock, it's good. It is, it's the right amount of arcadey, with the shoot outs and movement feeling very loosey goosey, which I really like, and very easy to get into and do stuff. But then there's the whole narrative that drives the game forward, very un-arcadelike, which I don't really mind.

 What I liked:
 The overall feel of the game, it's the kind of physics/controls I enjoy the most
 The setting is kinda cool. I might, or might not, have jumped a few times I got sucker punched by the enemies.

 What I didn't like:
Wallet limit. Seriously, there's a limit to how much money I can carry? Like, SERIOUSLY??
Big Daddies. It's impossible not to have heard about the game by now, and the 'deadly' Big Daddies. You get to experience their strength secondhand, yet you are expected to defeat one the very first time you come directly across one. I was expecting something... tougher. And then I exited and re-entered the area, which made the Big Daddy respawn... and I killed him again. I was expecting something tougher!

No comments:

Post a Comment