Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Now Playing: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Battle Nexus(GBA)

 No bueno. Konami, what'd you do!?
 So, um... I heard that this was supposed to be an improved sequel... but sadly, I'm not seeing it. First of all, new modes for multiplayer, even if they are just mini-games... that's something, right? But the game was overhauled in more ways than one, and I can't say that it was for the better.

 Firstly, characters have been redrawn, and they don't look particularly good. They've been shrunk, but I fear some animation frames were lost as well? Tied to this, the fighting is different, characters have different combos, and now the up+b, down+b variations are done with the hold B thingie, which at least, is now almost instantaneous. Regardless, I'm not convinced.

 I only finished the first stage, and attempted the second one... So this 'Start with no weapons' is gonna be a thing now? I like the new stealth mechanics, but having to find my weapons in each level, and also collect crystals so that I can open up new worlds... It doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

 First Impressions: Not good, not good at all. I heard it was supposed to be better than the first one, but so far it feels like a huge misstep. Hopefully it picks up.

No comments:

Post a Comment