Plastic is blind.
While Bucky Cap Daredevil was a fantastic little figure, he was starting to look very outdated next to my other figures, and the only two updated Daredevils were going for a ton of cash... but, finally, we have a single-carded, accessible new release.This Daredevil features an all new sculpt, which looks pretty good. He is very muscular, but not overly beefy. The only real thing going against him is that his arms feel a bit too long. All around his joints there are sculpted creases on his clothes, which are all very lovely, and the billy clubs holster is glued on his leg, and the holster's strap is sculpted on the leg itself. Not as realistic looking as proper straps, but I'll take it. On the whole, it's a really good looking figure, provided you are OK with the black lines. Yes, this is based on the Secret Wars figure, so he has black lines on his boots and gloves, the logo is painted in black and his belt is black. I honestly don't think it's a dealbreaker, but, some people might not like it.
As for accessories, you get two gripping hands, an open hand, a fist, two billy clubs, the silly lenticular shield and... a really cool sonar effect that slots on his back! It looks the best when looking at him from the front, but it's a really cool effect nonetheless.
The billy clubs now come with a separate middle piece to connect them with.
Articulation is all around great. Double jointed elbows and knees, swivels on his biceps, thighs and boots, butterfly joints, a reverse hinged waist and a ball jointed ab crunch. The only thing we are missing is toe joints, everything else is excellent. He is not the gummiest ML out there, but some oil on his shoulders made sure that his shoulder pegs aren't getting stressed. So, while I don't think we should have to oil the joints, after a single drop I've had no issues whatsoever with him.
Here's compared to Bucky Cap, Bucky Cap is a bit taller, but he doesn't look as good. Aside from the length of the arms, everything else I'd say is a step up from the old one.
A few nitpicks aside, and forcing myself to ignore the shameful gummy plastic, this one is a brilliant new release. I'm absolutely in love with him and his sonar accessory, so you are looking at my brand new main DD figure. Now, if we could get the White DD...
The billy clubs now come with a separate middle piece to connect them with.
Articulation is all around great. Double jointed elbows and knees, swivels on his biceps, thighs and boots, butterfly joints, a reverse hinged waist and a ball jointed ab crunch. The only thing we are missing is toe joints, everything else is excellent. He is not the gummiest ML out there, but some oil on his shoulders made sure that his shoulder pegs aren't getting stressed. So, while I don't think we should have to oil the joints, after a single drop I've had no issues whatsoever with him.
Here's compared to Bucky Cap, Bucky Cap is a bit taller, but he doesn't look as good. Aside from the length of the arms, everything else I'd say is a step up from the old one.
A few nitpicks aside, and forcing myself to ignore the shameful gummy plastic, this one is a brilliant new release. I'm absolutely in love with him and his sonar accessory, so you are looking at my brand new main DD figure. Now, if we could get the White DD...
9.5






No comments:
Post a Comment