A blue Batman is a happy Batman.
Is Batman still the night when he wears blue? While Batman has worn the grey and blue ensemble longer than the more modern black and grey, I've always preferred Black and Grey. But, hey, this is the kid friendly Batman Mattel decided to start with, so what can ya do? Batman has a completely different sculpt from Flash and Robin. He is a much beefier figure than either, with bigger and more defined musculature. It looks good on Bats, and his suit has been given some texture here and there, to liven things up. He is easy on paint apps, not that you can do much with Bats. The only thing that caught my attention is that the gauntlet spikes are glued onto the arms. Why isn't it a single piece? I don't know, and since they are bombarding us with Batman figures it's even weirder, since those are color swaps, it would've been a better idea to just sculpt unique forearms for the Batmen.
Like Robin and Flash, he comes with accessories on a runner you have to clip out. and just like Robin, he also includes a little shelf to hang them on. They are a grappling gun, three chaff grenades, 5 batarangs, two... mines, of all things, and this thing here above that seems to be some sort of hook or zipline. All of these are very flimsy and full of holes, to save up on plastic, so... eh.
As seen above, the spikes are a separate piece glued onto the gauntlets.
Articulation is the same as with the other three figures I got: He has single jointed elbows that go slightly beyond 90 degrees, double jointed knees, swivels on his thighs, boots and waist. For the price, it's not even half bad, it's comparable to their old DCUC line, considering how pathetic that diaphragm hinge was.
And here's compared to my very first collectible Batman figure. It's technically not the same outfit, but as much as I loved that metallic grey costume, it was too outdated. This one has better proportions, like a better sized head, so... yeah. This one is my new main Batman figure. He is a bit taller than Bucky Cap, and even taller than Robin.
Well, another fun little figure from Mattel. What more can I say? Each figure I get is another reason to get hyped for their proper collector's line.
Like Robin and Flash, he comes with accessories on a runner you have to clip out. and just like Robin, he also includes a little shelf to hang them on. They are a grappling gun, three chaff grenades, 5 batarangs, two... mines, of all things, and this thing here above that seems to be some sort of hook or zipline. All of these are very flimsy and full of holes, to save up on plastic, so... eh.
As seen above, the spikes are a separate piece glued onto the gauntlets.
Articulation is the same as with the other three figures I got: He has single jointed elbows that go slightly beyond 90 degrees, double jointed knees, swivels on his thighs, boots and waist. For the price, it's not even half bad, it's comparable to their old DCUC line, considering how pathetic that diaphragm hinge was.
And here's compared to my very first collectible Batman figure. It's technically not the same outfit, but as much as I loved that metallic grey costume, it was too outdated. This one has better proportions, like a better sized head, so... yeah. This one is my new main Batman figure. He is a bit taller than Bucky Cap, and even taller than Robin.
Well, another fun little figure from Mattel. What more can I say? Each figure I get is another reason to get hyped for their proper collector's line.
7.5







No comments:
Post a Comment