Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Action Figure #184: Star Wars The Black Series Luke Skywalker(Return of the Jedi)

  Look, owning 2 Lukes out of the hundreds they put out is fine, aight?

 My previous Luke Skywalker was fine... for my first Luke, but his second coolest outfit was the all-black outfit he used in Return of the Jedi!
 This is a fully fledged Jedi, and this somber, black outfit conveys his newfound abilities, confidence and knowledge. He is not as textured as other figures, but in this case it's fine. He also comes with an alternate chest-plate in case you want it to be fully buttoned up... but this way he looks way cooler.
 The articulation is... odd? The single-jointed elbow doesn't look as natural as the one on the previous Luke, and now his knees have devolved into single-joints! He has no arm swivels... be he does have butterfly joints? Due to the chest plate, he has a ball-jointed waist instead of it being in the torso. I... I don't know what to say? I think this is a reissue of an old figure, because how else would you explain the articulation taking so many steps back? He is still too short for my liking.
 He's alright, but... I don't know what to make of him. Why is the articulation so lackluster in this one?
5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment