Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Action Figure #179: Star Wars The Black Series Cal Kestis

  The best thing to come out of Star Wars since it was sold to Disney.

 Did you think the Star Wars prequels were bad? You haven't seen the sequels then. The new games have also been mired in controversy, and just when it seemed that Disney had turned the Star Wars franchise into a Sith playground... The Fallen Order came out, and it introduced us to a endearing new cast of characters that included my boy, Cal Kestis. I need to make a correction too, Anakin wasn't my first Star Wars The Black Series figure... Cal was!
 This guy looks exactly like he does in the videogame, so major props for that. His outfit is great, there's a lot of little details all over his asymmetrical body, be it the rubbery tools on his belt, or his arms. He's got a very neat vest over his shirt too, and it's full of straps and other things. They really knocked it out of the park with him. He only came with one saber, but I bought a custom yellow saber to make him look like he did when I played the game.
 The articulation, much like every other The Black Series figure I own is somewhat limited. No arm swivels, and single-jointed elbows, but his best hides butterfly joints that gives his arms more range. He has no waist swivel, but he has a ball-jointed torso that gives him more range than good ol' stiff Anakin. He's slightly shorter than the Bucky Cap mold.
 This figure is fantastic from every way I look at it. I liked him so much that he got me into collecting a few Jedi figures.... until the importation rules changed in my country. That said... We need a Merrin figure now, c'mon Hasbro...
8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment