Monday, June 3, 2024

Action Figure #143: Marvel Legends The Thing(Retro-Carded)

  Not a horror monster.

 And the last Fantastic Four figure in my collection, and no, no variants here, it's The Thing! One of my favorite toys growing up was a Animated Series The Thing figure that my father bought for me one time we were having lunch at a restaurant. He gave me a choice between two figures, I don't remember the other one, and I picked The Thing. So, yeah, I love having a new The Thing figure in my collection.
 The guy is MASSIVE. And he looks fantastic, the stone texture looks glorious, and he has a few parts of his body highlighted with lighter orange paint. They did absolutely everything right with this guy. On another note, his costume is so simple that even though it's the retro Thing, with blue and white... he meshes quite well with the black-and-blue costumed team.
 Articulation-wise, he's got everything he needs. Single jointed elbows, ball-jointed shoulders, a ball-joint on his torso, waist-swivel, hand that can rotate, pivots on his feet... You can get a lot of mileage out of this thing. He's taller and wider than the Bucky Cap mold, naturally.
 What can I say, this figure is amazing.
 9.0

No comments:

Post a Comment