Monday, May 31, 2021

And thus... Game #1000 approaches!

  Picking a game worthy of being #1000 was hard! I went through every game in my backlog and none was good enough, not one of them had enough emotional investment or expectations from me. In the end I singled out both God of War(2018) and Heart of Darkness, but... I didn't really have ALL that much hype for GoW, I simply heard it was a great game, while Heart of Darkness was part of my childhood.

 I also considered replaying an older game I loved. No More Heroes was high on that list, but Limited Run Games will be shipping their release soon, so why replay the Wii version which I've already played countless times? So how about Killer7? Maybe Shadows of the Damned? Sounded attractive, but I preferred taking something out of my backlog.

 ...out of ideas, considering I'm probably not gonna get an Octoberween Horror Game Extravaganza, since I'll be busy with my uni's final project, I went through my horror game backlog and I found it. The perfect game. One of my favorite games of all time, the game that made me reconsider my stance on Survival Horror games, albeit on a different console than the one I had played it on.

 Game #1000 will be...

 Resident Evil 4! I don't remember why I purchased this game on Wii, maybe I had money to burn and nothing to spend it on, but it was love at first play. Afterwards I decided to play more survival horror games and turns out my past self was wrong and I actually liked the genre! I'm sure the Wii version is much superior, thanks to better graphics and controls, but hey, I've played the rest of the series on Playstation joysticks, it should work well!


No comments:

Post a Comment