Friday, December 4, 2020

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS: MaxiBoost-ON Suits

 So, um, I started writing this, as with most Gundam VS games, but I realized there were TOO many suits, and it'd take me forever to cover each suit. But since I already wrote this, might as well post it! For preservation's sake, if anything.

 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny


NEW Gundam Akatsuki
 Returning from Gundam VS Gundam, we have the Akatsuki. While he doesn't really fit my playstyle, I like him just because he is a callback to the Hyaku Shiki, so I like having him. He is similar to how he used to be, so he has two forms: A decent mid-range fighter with a gerobi to a weak, ranged unit with access to a fantastic shield you can put on your ally. Glad to have him, not a fan of his style.

NEW Orange Gaia
 The first of Full Boost's crappy DLC I'm gonna cover, the Orange Gaia is different enough from the Gaia to deserve his spot. He can't switch between modes, instead his melee attacks change him into the doggy form. That's why it took a while for me to get used to his melee, but after I did... he was surprisingly fun!

Destiny Gundam
 The Destiny is the same strong machine it's always been. He has fantastic melee and great ways to close the gape towards his enemies, but it's also blessed with a decent beam rifle and two gerobi beams. It's just too good, which is just too bad because Shinn sucks.

NEW Orange Destiny
 I was so angry for the longest time! That's because I had Extreme VS Force's DLC codes, but since my Vita had a USA account, but you can't have more than a single account on the Vita.... I wasn't able to play as this one! And that made me so angry because I love the Destiny Gundam, and it looks so cool in orange. Since it's a lower cost-clone, it is weaker than the original Destiny, for a 2500 unit it's still REALLY good, but it loses one of the Gerobi beams and while you get two mirage wing uses, instead of Shinn's single stock, it has a slow start-up time making it less effective.

 Gaia Gundam
 Dang, I was fairly harsh with it when I played it on Full Boost! I had not trouble using its mobile armor mode this time around, however, I still am not a fan. Surprisingly, I liked the Orange Gaia clone a bit more since it's more streamlined.

Strike Freedom Gundam
 Y'know how the Destiny is really good at everything but particularly good at close range? Same deal with the Strike Freedom, but it's particularly good at long range. This guy has been so good in Extreme VS, and that ain't changing any time soon.

NEW Legend Gundam
 Seed Destiny had one of the more insufferable cast of characters, didn't it? The Legend is decent. It has funnels, which makes it effective at mid-long range distances, but I didn't find anything worth talking about with this one. Next!

 Impulse Gundam
 Still one of my favorite units to play as, what can I say the Orange Destiny is too good, it feels as great as it was in Full Boost. The close-range form feels a bit stronger than before? Maybe I'm crazy, but I was tearing through units as if they were Swiss cheese.

 NEW Luna Maria's Impulse Gundam
 The first of Full Boost's really crappy DLC I'm gonna cover, Luna Maria's Impulse looks just like Shinn's and plays just like Shinn's, except for its Burst Move, but it costs less so it's weaker. Lazy, boring.

Infinite Justice Gundam
 I was REALLY positive about this one back when I played Full Boost. My, how things change, because I found him so BORING for a 2500. It excels at nothing.

Lacus' Infinite Justice Gundam
 Another boring clone. It has a better assist than Arthrun's IJustice since the Strike Freedom fires a beam instead of rushing in with a stun. It's super move is better than Arthrun's, while his twirly slash is easy to interrupt, Lacus' burst has Strike Freedom shooting a gerobi. Surprisingly... I found this one better than Arthrun's, because I think the 1500 cost fits this boring unit better, and it really shines as a weak support unit, I think.

 Gunner Zaku Warrior
 Luna Maria's packing heat, baby! What I really like about this one is that her gerobi and beam ax is all she needs, because her three sub-weapons are all summons. Sadly, I don't really like using summons, so this Zaku ain't for me. Still, her basic weapons are so good she doesn't really need anything else.

Gouf Ignited
 This guy was in Extreme VS Force and he really bummed me out, because he was a constant reminded that I couldn't play as the Orange Destiny(Same pilot). He felt rather weak, its whip sub weapon attacks are rather slow and its bullets just don't cut the mustard. As far as his summon goes, the Beam variation worked better to cover its weaknesses.

NEW Strike Gundam Rouge Ootori
 Yes, another version of the Strike, but it's no clone. It's a really solid unit, good melee, lots of ammo, summons and even a missile sub-weapon! Coming into this one right after using the Gouf marked such a stark difference.

 Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Astray

 Gundam Red Frame Astray
 It has a beam rifle and its Katana and that's it. Yeah, it's long-to-mid range game sucks, but dude, the amount of damage he can deal with his combos is astronomical, if this guy catches you you are done. Plus, he has some really cool animations. Man, the amount of power this unit has makes the Gouf Ignited, another 2000 cost unit that specializes in close range, look WEAK.

Gundam Blue Frame Astray Second L 
 Much more balanced that its Red counterpart, this guy has some fun things of its own. It has a one-time charge gerobi that turns into a long-range stunner, perfect for closing in with his giant sword sub-weapon. His charged square actually puts up a shield in front of it while it shoots its machine gun. Pretty interesting unit.

Gundam Gold Frame Astray Amatsu
 I enjoyed this one in Full Boost, but... my tastes have changed. It has its tools to close the distance, such as two stun-projectiles and its invisible forward dash, which mains it's a pain in the butt to fight against!

NEW Gundam Gold Frame Amatsu Mina Custom
 One of the boring DLC clones from Full Boost. This one has armor on its feet, but otherwise looks pretty much identical to the other Gold Frame. It's a 2500 cost unit, instead of 2000, so it packs a stronger punch and has more ammo stock. It also has a single different combo string. Boring.

NEW Hyperion Gundam Unit 1
 I thought this guy was a bit boring at first, but it's a very interesting defensive unit. It has a beam 360 degree beam shield, and every time it uses its beam laser uzi it gets a mini shield in front of itself. It also has a pretty nifty one-time temporary unlimited ammo mode. It does suffer a bit in the melee department, but this guy can be quite a pest!

NEW Gundam Red Frame Astray Kai
 Add a curve-bow sub weapon to the Red Frame and give it the Blue Frame's giant sword and you get the this bad boy. The giant sword can also be used as a claw, and it gets a nasty AoE stun that could hurt your ally. The Claw is extremely nasty, it's very slow, so an enemy's buddy might be able to rescue your victim, but if you land the full attack? Oh booy... Once I understood how this unit played I grew to like it.

NEW Dreadnought Gundam
 Eh, it can set out two tendrils to shoot alongside him for a few seconds, and that's about it. I didn't really like it, it's one of those very weak 2000 cost units. I dunno, I think 2K units are better when they excel at one particular area, like melee or ranged. But even though it has a few tendril-beam subweapons it still feels a bit weak.

NEW Gundam Red Frame Astray Red Dragon
 Surprisingly, not a 3000 cost Red frame, but another 2500. It's a bit more balanced, but still slanted towards melee, with two burst attacks(One being a projectile!) . It can buff itself by landing attacks with its massive sword sub weapon.

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Stargazer

Stargazer Gundam
 And THIS is why 2000 cost units are better when they specialize in something. While it's melee is useful, but awkward, this suit is built to zip around the battlefield showering the enemy with energy beams.

Strike Noir Gundam
 This suit has a lot of different sub weapons and beams, and looks really cool too, he can even use his two beam pistols to target both enemies at the same time. But, as cool as it looks... It feels so weak, and it's a 2500 cost unit, it shouldn't take it so long to destroy its enemies.


Mobile Suit Gundam Seed

LaGOWE
 Oh, look, it's the LaGOWE. Woohoo? It's incredibly basic, and its low height means that if you are not careful your shots will hit the ground. It can summon other LaGOWEs to rush the enemy, and its ammo recharges pretty fast, so I think it's a decent support, even if a bit boring.

















No comments:

Post a Comment