Sunday, December 25, 2016

Unfinished Business 2016

 Either I failed these games or they failed me.
 Lords of Arcana failed me: This game was terrible. Terrible. I did review it, and I didn't finish it, but I didn't need to play anymore: The game was trash. I am considering beating it at least one, for completion's sake, but man, was this game bad bad bad.
  Corpse Party failed me: I started this game in October, as part of my scary games-athon. It was bad, bad, bad. I'm up to chapter 4-5? And I can't stand this game. It's such a backwards game design, having to retread the same areas over and over and over and over again, hoping that you do something to trigger something in an area you've already been before. It's a bad game, I don't even wanna play it anymore.
 Disgaea 2 and I failed each other: I don't think that Disgaea 2 is a bad game perse, but the story is kinda dull, couple that with the fact that I've kinda outgrown the Disgaea franchise... Yeah, I kinda don't want to play Disgaea 2 because it bores me.
 I failed Resident Evil 6: Despite the bad reviews, I was enjoying what little I played of Resident Evil 6. I started this game in co-op, so I kinda need my sister to be available as well, and I got sidetracked with other games.... Resident Evil 6 is a game I want to finish, I simply got sidetracked.
 Shin Megami Tensei IV failed me: I love the SMT franchise. Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and Persona are all among my favorite PS2 games. The Devil Survivor franchise was fantastic, and it's never too late to play Raidou's games. Shin Megami Tensei 4 was a game I was kinda hyped for... but it's a bit boring. Character designs don't interest me, the setting is kinda dull, the presentation is disappointing...
 Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and I failed each other: I really don't know what happened with me and Dragon's Dogma. I was so excited for this one, I thought it was a mixture of Monster Hunter and Kingdoms of Amalur-like western RPGs. And it kinda is, but it's also kinda dull. Climbing around monsters is kind clunky, cities are lifeless and finding sidequests is a bit lame. Maybe 2017?
 I failed Mass Effect: Just as with Resident Evil 6, it's not that I didn't like the game, I simply got sidetracked. I will admit that I wasn't completely sold on what I played of ME 1, but it's a game I'd like to play, eventually.
 I failed Monster Hunter 3: I have over 40 hours in this one, had just gotten meself the Ancient Mask to tackle the big-bad boss from the first part of the game... And I got sidetrack and eventually didn't feel like coming back to it. I think Gods Eater pampered me a bit, so that would explain why I didn't want to come back. Maybe. But I will finish it, I do have Monster Hunter 4 on my backlog after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment