Sunday, February 7, 2016

Now Playing: Clock Tower 3

 I've mixed feelings about it so far.
 At first, the intro was so good, the creepy man, the creepy mansion. I was creeped out and second guessing my every move during the initial manor segment! I thought that it got the ambiance right... and then it teleported me back in time, and I felt it was a bit... ridiculous? And then I was helping ghosts, and the scare factor disappeared entirely. I was actually a bit disappointed....

 ...Until I entered the creepy Tailor Shop and the first stalker appeared. The setting was spectacular, with broken glass and blood everywhere. And then came that phenomenal cutscene that introduced the Hammer stalker? The game just got scary again!

 Basically, I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, I feel some things are a bit... ridiculous. But when the game gets scary, it gets it right oh so well. I was expecting something a bit more like Haunting Ground, but oh well, I'm only 30 minutes into the game and got into the Concert Hall, so there's still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment