Sunday, June 28, 2015

Now Playing: TMNT(GBA)

 Now we are talkin'!
  Now this, THIS is a game worthy of the TMNT moniker. This is an oldschool Beat'em up that borrows quite a few elements from the legendary River City Ransom. Defeating enemies makes them drop coins, and/or whichever weapon they were carrying, if they were warrying one, which you can then spend after each 'ACT' on food, life-ups, to start the next ACT with a weapon or even increase your stats. I'm still not sure if these stat increases affect every turtle or just the one who bought it, so I refrained from buying any, Raph, 'tis all cool, but I'd rather beef up my Leo.

 As for cons... I got my butt handed to me on the second level, but I think it might be a tad too challenging. Enemies deal a ton of damage, and they are smart enough to surround you! Not only that, but they can tank quite a few amount of hits. That said, the stages themselves are just fine, but bosses seem kinda hard. The first one, Hun, I beat by brute forcing my way through his rockets, if I hadn't had as many lives, I doubt I would've beaten him!

 Still, TMNT on the GBA is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment