Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Archile's Grab Bag: The Last one

 It's a shell of a timeeeeeeeeee!
 This is it! The last package of the year. WHAT SURPRISES COULD IT HOLD?!
 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - Battle Nexus: I used to play this one on the PC, and I loved it, among all the TMNT games I've played, this was probably my favorite one. I watched and read some reviews the last couple of days, seems it wasn't well received, hopefully it's not a case of me being to young to realize just how bad it really was.

 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 - Mutant Nightmare: Ah yes, the only one of the 2003 Konami entries I didn't play, probably since it was my PC Gaming period and this one didn't get a PC release, needless to say, I was having a blast with Konami TMNT games of the era, so I've longed to play it for some years now.
  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: This one I played it on the PS2, I remember being kinda indifferent to it? Guess I'll have to see how's it held up today.
 TMNT - Mutant Melee: This one I played it on PC! It was the only TMNT game based on the 2003 cartoon that didn't make it to the PS2. I think... I think I liked this one, but found some things tedious, namely unlocking characters? Can't remember very well, but I do remember it causing my PC to struggle when too much stuff happened at the same time, heh.
  One Piece Grand Adventure: This is the thing that introduced me to One Piece. Kinda. The first game was One Piece Rumble Arena 3, and I fell in love with this Eneru guy, of course, the game was in Japanese and the Internet wasn't as readily available as it is today. I remember reading "Unlock Bon Clay" and of course I had no idea how he or she looked like, so unlocking characters was always a fun experience. Years later I would find out that it actually received an American release in the form of Grand Battle... but it was missing Eneru, among others, but I only cared about Eneru. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there actually was a sequel that reintroduced many of the elements that got lost in the translation, Eneru among them!
 Crash - Mind over Mutant: Crash of the Titans was surprisingly good, really! So good that I've been wanting to play the sequel, and last Crash game on a home console, for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment