Sunday, July 7, 2013

First Archimpressions: Samurai Warriors 3

 Skyward Sword is done, review coming up soon!
 Wow this game is slow. So yeah, with DW 7 still fresh in my mind, this game is soooo slow, but after getting over the hump, it ain't that bad. I've but played two of Kato's story missions and dabbled a bit in character edit, and so far it's pretty alright. So yeah, it's fun, but nothing makes it stand out from the other warriors games. The Gundam warriors are very fast paced, and look very flashy. Hokuto Musou is slow, but it feels very heavy and it's quite violent. Samurai Warriors is... a reskined DW game, basically, althought it has some tweaks to the formula, but nothing game changing.
 The presentations is alright too. Graphics are quite decent, models remind me of Onimusha(A good thing), and I didn't notice much slowdown, the music on the other hand... While Dynasty Warriors' upbeat music makes you wanna crush giant armies, this music is too... tame in comparison. Ah, lest I forget, I love the menus, the art is fantastic, kinda wish they went with that instead of the CG renders on the character select screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment