Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Archimpressions: Dynasty Warriors 6

 AKA "What the EFF is goin' on?!"
 So, I pick Lu Xun and go into his Musou Mode, my first reaction? "What the eff is going on?!". This game starts off quite confusing, with loads of units popping up out of nowhere, eventually you get used to it, but the first impression is quite disorienting.
 Graphics are all over the place. The models are not too pretty, but they get the job done, however, some of the special effects are quite laughable. Surprisingly, I've a feeling there are more soldiers on-screen than on DW 7, although it comes with heavy slowdown... but when slowdown is NOT present, it actually moves quite faster than DW 7!. The animations for the attacks are fantastic though, and speaking of animations, I like how cut-scenes are presented in-engine, they look silky smooth!
 Now onto the gameplay.... Renbu doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets. Don't get me wrong, I prefer vanilla DW system, with the different charge attacks, but Renbu is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, it's annoying how it's constantly dropping, but it's not such a huge deal. I'm enjoying the "capture the base" approach quite a lot, wonder why they took it out on 7, hmm....
 On summation: It's decent, Samurai Warriors 3 or DW 7 seem, at the moment, better choices, but who knows, I might end up liking this a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment