Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Action Figure #200: Diamond Select Invincible

  And for number 200, the hero of my favorite comic book!

 I remember how I came across Invincible. A friend had been on my neck trying to get me to read it, and one day, one day I said 'OK, fine, I'll do it'. The guy looked funny, I mean... googles? But whatever, I started reading and... I couldn't put it down until caught up with the latest number. To this day, whenever I'm feeling down, I just go and give the entire thing a re-read, it just makes me so happy! Curiously enough, my ex purchased this figure for me as our anniversary gift. She doesn't make me so happy.
 So, the figure is styled after the TV Show and not the comic book, so his color scheme is a bit lighter, using almost pastel-like colors. I would've preferred more saturated colors, but it isn't half bad. Being based on the TV Show also means that, unlike other Diamond Select figures, this one is very simple, with almost no details to his body or clothes. There isn't even shading on his outfit. All in all, he's a great representation TV series Invincible, but only a good Comic-Book Invincible.
 The articulation, as with Diamond Select figures, is very simple. Single jointed knees and elbows, but he has swivels on his arms and legs. He has a ball-jointed torso, and his hips are on hinges rather the usual joints. I mean, it's not the best, but I've gotten some badass poses with him. That said, what kills me is that this guy... is on the 7inch scale, and not 6. It kills me that I can't pose him next to the rest of my collection! That said, I found him a place next to my Invincible omnibuses, so it's not just losses.
 He's not the best Invincible figure possible, but I like him a lot. It probably stems from my love of the comic book... but as long as it makes me happy, I'm content with it.
8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment