Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Action FIgure #193: Marvel Legends Lady Thor

  Not another character with a shared name....

 You thought I thought Miles Morales and Wally West cases were bad? Don't even let me get started with Thor. Somebody thought that "Thor" should be a title, so while Thor is Thor, he is also Thor, and when somebody else picks up the hammer they become Thor, but not Thor Thor, just Thor. But the most stupid part about it is that a woman becomes Thor. Not Thora, not Thorra, not even Lady Thor, just Thor. Thankfully, the fandom chose to call her Lady Thor so that we can know just who we are talking about, because unlike Marvel, we are not stupid.
 She seems to have a mostly new sculpt, but using  Gamora's arms. I actually think she looks great, even though I don't like the idea behind the character, I think she makes for a brilliant action figure. I'm a fan of asymmetrical clothes, so I love how she only has a single gauntlet.
 The articulation is as good as it gets on Hasbro's ML female figures. She has single jointed elbows and a ball-jointed torso, but she's missing the torso swivel. I mean, it gets the job done. She's as tall as the Bucky Cap mold.
 I don't quite like the character, but she's a good figure.
7.0

No comments:

Post a Comment