Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Action Figure #187: Star Wars The Black Series Bobba Fett(Return of the Jedi)

  The most popular character with the least amount of screen time ever.

 Bobba Fett was my favorite character from Star Wars growing up. I don't remember why, in a series with Jedi I went for the bucket head. The mysteries of being a kid.
 This guy is, in my eyes, a bit of a mixed bag. I mean, if you look at the figure he looks really cool and accurate, right? But I don't know how I feel about him having so many soft, rubbery pieces. The orange knee pads? Rubber. His chest armor? It's a rubber piece that goes OVER his harder torso, and both the pauldrons and the little cape are both made of very soft rubber. I mean... why? It strikes me as not very durable, so I really don't know how well the figure will preserve itself. None of the parts, except maybe the cape, don't benefit at all from being made out of rubber over plastic. His pelvis piece is also a soft, rubbery object that goes over harder plastic.
 The articulation is similar to RotJ's Luke, single jointed knees and elbows, no torso joint, but a ball-jointed waist. I mean... it's enough, but it could be better. Why isn't it better? He's a ways shorter than the Bucky Cap mold.
 He's fine, but I think I expected more from him... much like I did with RotJ's Luke. And with this.... now all that I have left, on the six inch scale, is Marvel. Pure Marvel!
5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment