Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Action Figure #182: Star Wars The Black Series Luke Skywalker(Skywalker Strikes)

  Umm... so how is this version called? There are too many Lukes!

 Well, there's no Star Wars without Luke Skywalker, now is there? For my fist Luke I went after the one I thought looked the coolest... so the yellow jacket sold it to me.
 This is how Luke looks during Star Wars IV's ending, and during one of the comic books. It's a look that only appears very briefly in the movies, but I love it. He comes with a bunch of accessories including a Blaster, a training Sphere and for some reason... a Pilot Helmet. 
 The articulation is the standard Star Wars Series Black, so... not as snazzy as Hasbro's own Marvel Legends or Joes. Luke is shockingly short. Supposedly he is based on Mark Hamill's height, but.... c'mon, he looks like a teen figure.
 While he is mostly a decent fig, its height just rubs me the wrong way.
6.0

No comments:

Post a Comment